Valley of Dead Heroes is a location in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
An ancient, windswept valley utterly devoid of natural life that has served as
a burial ground for millions of years. Statues, obelisks, monuments, empty
sepulchers, and shrines spanning many prior worlds litter the floor of the valley in
vast thoroughfares and twisted alleys. Some of the shrines here were clearly built
by inhuman hands, and even the most durable of materials on some of these ancient
memorials have been so wind-scoured that the inscriptions and the languages on
them have vanished from the face of the world. Yet no bodies lie above the surface
– they are all entombed in the Necropolis.
- Welcome to the second chapter of Torment. Immediately after you land, Master Rennio breaks off and heads back to Sagus Cliffs and you're approached by Klin'Kar, the local madman. He will demand that you help them find two memorialists hidden in the Valley of Dead Heroes. You can choose to use Might (Intimidation) to make them shove off, attack, or agree to find them for the murderers.
- After you deal with them you talk to Beltrax and Ronos Cai'sul (if you let them reach the Memorialists or attack the pair yourself, Beltrax dies teleporting Ronos away to safety).
- There are two rifts by the entrance, one violet, the other red. You can interact with them and enter them the violet one teleports you to the left-hand battlements and Perseia.
- The red rift hangs in the corner. You can use Intellect (Lore: Natural) to learn that it has no real end. Entering it gives you the Stim cypher.
- Within the Valley itself you can find Blob-of-Three moving around a cat idol. Interacting with the idol allows you to recall multiple memories of a... Cat's life (examine the monument thoroughly, then look into its eyes). There's four memories, worth 3, 4, 3, and 15 XP (25 XP in total). Afterwards, the obelisk loops through them.
- Around the central plateau you will find Colo and Natli.
- The central pillar hosts Phoenix, the right to the upper-right battlements, and a mysterious device you can interact with. As it turns out, it's the memorial to the people of Aligern's village, those he lost. This Prismatic Monument can be studied with Intellect (Lore: Mystical,Lore: Machinery) for +2 XP. Right next to him is the blue right to the battlements and an orange acid pool (yields +2 XP if you have Lore: Natural trained). You can use Speed (Endurance, Quick Fingers) to retrieve the Pellucid Wrap and Savant's Slipknot. You can drink the water repeatedly to kill yourself.
- Interact with the slab and the statue to make it collapse and gain the The Face That Never Remembered. You can give it to Blob.
- On the right upper battlement you will find a small, lighted alcove (bring Erritis to interact with it and start his quest). Beyond stands Tantalum, the local merchant.
- That's the Necropolis Entrance beyond. You can go further and interact with the floating crystal, infused with tidal energy. Interact with it to learn the name Choi, relevant to the Severed Child quest.
- Endless Gate