The Newborn Maw
The Newborn Maw
The Newborn Maw is a quest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A new Maw has appeared in Little Nihliesh recently, and the mutant leader of the area, Gar-koto, has asked you to open it.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- First you need to figure out what the maw wants. To do so:
- Bring Aligern near the maw and talk to him after it tries to... Gently caress him.
- If Delny is free of Vrung, you can use Intellect (Persuasion, Intimidation) to have her read the maw.
- If you have the Magmatic Annulet, you can use it to try and sense what the maw wants.
- Being Bloom-Juiced allows you to listen to the maw and realize what it wants.
- If you or Matkina are Bloom-bonded, you can simply order it to open.
- It turns out the Maw feed on guilt. Now:
- You can order it to open if you or Matkina bonded with the Bloom.
- You can open it with the Transdimensional Scalpel.
- You can feed Coty to it, if he's still your slave.
- You can feed Herja to it if you tell Gar-koto what the maw wants. Herja will try to kill herself when fed to it - you can stop that with Speed (Initiative) and then Might or Intellect (Intimidation) - and if you feed her to the maw, an echo of her will appear in the Gullet. You will get Herja's Prison, though (you can keep it after talking to Gar-koto if you pass an Intellect (Persuasion, Intimidation) check.
- You can feed the catena intelligence you acquired at the catena Interior to the maw.
- Simply enter the maw and return to Gar-koto to claim the reward.