As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
About the scope of this wiki[edit source]
I wondered why you chose to change the name of this wiki from "Numenera Wiki" to "Official Torment Wiki". Wouldn't it be more logical that the scope of this wiki was the whole Numenera setting, including the Torment game ?
Also, right now, while the page header reads "Official Torment Wiki", the title still says "Numenera Wiki", and the main page states that it is "a user-created database on the Numenera world created by Monte Cook and the upcoming Torment: Tides of Numenera video game by inXile Entertainment." This can obviously lead to some confusion for the readers.
Besides, there is already a Torment Wiki on Wikia, covering both Tides of Numenera and Planescape: Torment.
As a consequence, I think this wiki should be given its old name back : Numenera Wiki.
-User:Jibz01, 14:12, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I understand it can be confusing, but it's been done for SEO purposes. Since a lot of people are currently searching for "Torment Wiki" in Google, and would go to the Wikia wiki, which has barely any info on Tides of Numenera, if I hadn't changed the name. But I guess we need to at least make it consistent. And it's a bit complicated because, while we have official status for Torment, we don't have one for Numenera itself yet (I tried to contatc Monte Cook, but got no reply). VaultAusir (talk) 18:39, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to open up this discussion again, but I have to say, I agree with Jibz01. "Official Torment Wiki" is misleading in more ways than one. "Torment" includes Planescape: Torment (and might include other Torment games set in different worlds in the future), so this can't be the "Official Torment Wiki" if it doesn't include half the series. At least changing it to "Official Torment: ToN Wiki" would be more accurate.
- I do, however, think that there shouldn't be several wikis about T:ToN, and besides this wiki having official status (btw is there a link to where this was made official?), I think it's only natural that info about the game should be housed with its setting's wiki rather than its long lost spiritual predecessor's. I've been working over at the Torment Wikia, and if everyone agrees over there and I get administrator rights (lots of ifs!), I will see if I can transition it to a pure Planescape: Torment wiki.
- Also, affiliating this wiki and the wikia by putting links to each on the home pages would probably help SEO too. Just a thought :)
Content Rules[edit source]
What are the guidelines about adding content from the core book, etc? At the moment it seems only a minimal amount of stuff has made it here and I'd be happy to work on remedying that. HappyEvilSlosh (talk) 02:49, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- The wiki is pretty outdated unfortunately, but it's nice to finally have someone lending a helping hand. I'd have a read through the Fan Use Policy since it goes fairly in-depth with what we can and can't reproduce, by the looks of it we can at most add the game terms and up to half a page of content on each, without providing full, playable context. P.S. Try to sign your comments just so we can tell who they're from, I've added yours above. JWall7z (talk) 15:23, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
I was thinking of how to increase the community awareness about the wiki. First, as said elsewhere, the wiki should be updated with every Torment Kickstarter Update. I'm closing on the Update #30 at the moment, but while the last updates where quite fast to read and implement in the wiki (mostly gameplay mechanics and development update), I will have to slow down because of more and more lore informations from now on. I will probably have reached the most recent update by the second half of august. Then we will be able to promote the wiki to more people. We will need to update the homepage before, but we will see that in due time. When everything will be ready, we should contact the main community hub as well as give a shoutout to Brian Fargo, Colin McComb, Monte Cook, etc. NanoLuuke (talk) 12:21, 27 July 2015 (UTC)