|| This is the Reef of Fallen Worlds, kid. It's a dangerous place at the best of times. And with you lighting up the sky as you fell... we should get out of here as soon as possible.
Reef of Fallen Worlds is a location in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- The Reef is basically a continuation of the tutorial section, introducing you to exploration and character dynamics. There's also a good number of goodies here.
- The first are the two floating pink cones, spinning deliriously around each other. You can use Speed (Quick Fingers) to touch one of them as they pass. It grants you a vision of a moon hanging overhead.
- Further down is a tangled cluster of tendrils that you can examine and use Might (Smashing) to break one of the hands off and gain the Eight-fingered Mace. If you fail, you instead take some damage and gain +1 to your maximum health pool.
- The obelisk is less helpful. You get one free touch and the rest will be met with retaliation. You can use Speed (Quick Fingers) to get away from it fast enough. If you have the Crystalline Shard, you can use it on the obelisk to gain the Infused Crystalline Shard.
- Examine the sludge nearby. You can use Speed (Quick Fingers, Perception) to gain Fresh Vapors. Mmm. If you wait long enough, you'll also be able to snatch up a Tar River Globe.
- Grab loot by the (yet) unopenable Anechoic Lazaret, then ascend up the stairs to meet Qorro.
- This Crisis is the first real challenge. You can use Intellect (Deception) to bluff your way through. Otherwise, you need to fight Qorro and his mercenaries. Disposing of Qorro allows you to reactivate the bridge using the device on his corpse, while the nearby psychic conduit (the flickering light) can be used to activate the turret and aid you in survival.
- Regardless of the resolution, Aligern takes Qorro's presence as proof of Callistege's treachery, while Callistege is obviously indignant about the accusation. You have to choose between them or going alone before continuing.
- Qorro: A leader of a small gang sent to find whatever fallen star wound up in the Reef.