Old Slave Block
Old Slave Block
Old Slave Block is a location in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Background[edit | edit source]
Used to be a prison for slaves, back in the days of Chila the Great. They carved it out of the Bloom-flesh with saws that spat solid light and blades that weren't all there. Folk say that's where Chila was chained up, and that's where her *legend* was born. However, you wouldn't know it anymore. It's all feathers and filth in there now, ever since the murdens moved in. They're a pack of thieves, and if you get too close to one of 'em, your thoughts become fill with static. Makes it hard to do just about anything.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The Old Slave Block is more or less a dungeon. Go down the stairs to run into the first pair of lovely, lovely murdens. These little bundles of love want to keep you out of the block (how cute!). You can use Intellect (Persuasion, Deception) to convince them your intent is peaceful - or Might (Intimidation) to force them to kneel to you.
- The room in front of you contains the Murden Chief and The Translator.
- The corridor to the north winds around the cell block and its cells. The first one has Skoura the Faceless. The next one holds the Essence of a Single Sigh.
- The third cell needs you to use Might (Smashing) to break the door down or Speed (Quick Fingers, Lore: Machinery) to pick the lock open. Examining it also uncovers a trap you can remove with Speed (Quick Fingers), netting you the Sac of Molecular Acid. Inside is one of the patrols belonging to Memovira.
- The last cell contains Shinwise. You can use Speed (Quick Fingers) to pick it or Might (Smashing) to break it down. If you want to access the Murden Treasure Vault, you have to use Speed to push him in. Don't feel bad, though, he was sentenced for a horrible crime to get eaten.