|This article is about the remnants of prior civilizations. For the game setting, see Numenera (game).|
Numenera is the term used for all the remnants of the former civilizations of the Ninth World: bits of nanotechnology, the datasphere threaded among still-orbiting satellites, bio-engineered creatures, and myriad strange and wondrous devices.
Types of Numenera[edit | edit source]
There are several types of Numenera :
- Oddities: Curiosities with no useful purpose.
- Cyphers: Useful bits of technology.
- Artifacts: Complete, working tools and weapons.
- Discoveries: Ancient structures and buildings.
Appearance of Numenera Devices[edit | edit source]
Numenera devices comes in different display:
- Scavenged: A device in the same state it was when taken out of a ruin of the prior worlds.
- Cobbled: A device made from several pieces of Numenera to create a new effect.
- Bonded: A device of recent crafting including a Numenera.
- Fashioned: A device inspired by a Numenera, but who is not one itself.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Amber Monolith (First appearance)