Matkina is a stealthy jack who murders, and one of the companions in Torment: Tides of Numenera. Also known as the White Death because of her prowess in the art of assassination, she is another of the Changing God's castoffs. Her name means Blood-Dancer and no, she does not like talking about it.
Background[edit | edit source]
This woman's skin is white - the color of alabaster or fresh ivory. Flat black eyes surrounded by sharply pointed features stare coldly at you. She wears jet-black hair cut straight at the shoulders. Her clothes are functional and drab; her cloak is fastened by a necklace of five canisters, each of different shape.
Matkina was "born" when the Changing God left her body in the Bloom. She is a veteran of the First's Militia and an incredibly talented assassin. She survived the operation that resulted in the destruction of Kholn and the savaging of the Sand Knights, suffering a mind wipe by her associate, Tash.
Since then, she has made her way as a killer and is now the most feared assassin in the Sagus Protectorate - the kind of ally you want with you, rather than against you. Her current focus is trying to figure out how to recover her memories - and, if possible, take vengeance on those responsible for her state.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Cold, Calculating Jack: Matkina is the next step on the road to restoring your regeneration chamber and evading the Sorrow.
- The Right To Exist: Found in the Village Fathom, Matkina can be liberated of her demons and join you in the fight.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- She is the center of Torment: The Jack's Gambit, a digital comic book about her past.
- fluffy: next to the Maw, she recognize Walks-without-fear.
- If you have the Scan Thoughts gives you some extra information.