Iyene Who Knows
Iyene Who Knows
Iyene Who Knows is a character in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Background[edit | edit source]
This woman's expression defies easy definition. It is cool and professional, but focused. Interested. She nods at you and clasps her hands. Polite, secretive, sparing with her words, as they are her primary source of income. She very much has the attitude that she's doing you the favor. But she's not arrogant, just businesslike.
Iyene Who Knows is a knowledge broker who calls herself a hunter of information. She has worked as a spy and a thief in the past, but now she gathers and trades information, usually in the town of Norou, which lies far from Sagus Cliffs, on the western border of Augur- Kala. Every piece of information the player request has a price - a significant piece of information that Iyene doesn't already know. She places little value on money or items, instead asking for information in exchange for information, always increasing her primary commodity.
The downside - and Iyene freely admits this - is that anything the player tells her may potentially be traded to someone else, so if the player wants to keep something a secret - don't tell her. Plus, it's really hard to surprise her. She knows a lot.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character has other interactions.||
Trades secrets for secrets.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
If you select "I'm interested in exchanging secrets" and then "I want to propose something different - I'll trade you information for a secret you find interesting." And then trade four of the following:
- "I was the 'falling star' that appeared in the sky over the city."
- "A couple in Circus Minor adopted an orphan named Jherem. The boy is from the distant past."
- "Mallet, one of the Dendra, killed and ate someone who stole from him".
- "Lord Vuntgen has yovoki blood in his mother's side."
- "The Anechoic Lazaret in the Reef can be opened wit the eye of a mlox."
On the fifth time you say you want to trade another secret, she will give you the Crown of Eyes.
Each secrets also yield +2 XP.
Do not trade a secret for another specific one or you will not get the Crown of Eyes.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Iyene is based on the core book character, as quoted in the script: Some additional notes on her from the Corebook here. "Iyene: level 4, level 6 at subterfuge, level 8 at all types of knowledge, information, and lore" Sounds like she'd be particularly resistant to Scan Thoughts, and may even be talking directly to the player through these. Generally, the player should feel like she always knows more than she's letting on.