We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Companions are characters that might join the Last Castoff on his adventure depicted in the video game Torment: Tides of Numenera, with a maximum of three companions in the party. They are optional, and can be removed from the party. The player actions might also prompt them to leave the party permanently. There will be optional side-quests available unique to each companion.
The Castoff's Labyrinth will include "reflections" of companions (and NPCs) with dialogue and information not available from the living counterparts.
List of companions[edit | edit source]
- Aligern, a fallen priest who pulls writhing tattoos from his arms to spill horror upon his foes.
- Callistege, a nano who toyed with the fabric of space one too many times and now lives a fractured existence, living parallel lives in multiple universes and timestreams all at once.
- Erritis, a boy who seeks only adventure and glory, who leaps blindly into the most ridiculously dangerous situations imaginable and--surprisingly--emerging from them brighter and more powerful than he was before... but whose existence is a torment its own.
- Matkina, a cold, calculating jack with a blade in her pocket and acid in her soul, who carries mind-altering mists around her neck, and who has found a way to control light and shadow.
- Oom, a changing ball of goo.
- Rhin, a lost child who claims she can speak to gods.
- Tybir, an old sailor most often found on the wrong side of the law.
Cut companions[edit | edit source]
- Satsada, a sibyl with no body of her own, who speaks through the mouth of Riastrad, a man whose mind is broken beyond repair.
- A crippled beggar who devours magic to feed his addiction to the energies that flow through the numenera—and who can call upon that power to blast his foes with waves of pure force.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The original plan for Torment: Tides of Numenera was to have four companions, but the success of the Kickstarter campaign promised five others, for a total of nine. In time, this was cut down to six. Oom was latter brought back with the Servant of the Tides post-launch update.
- Companion writers include Patrick Rothfuss, Chris Avellone and Nathan Long.