The Caravanserai is a location in Torment: Tides of Numenera.
The gateway from Sagus to the world, the Caravanserai is the stop-off point for airships transporting people, commerce, and secrets to and from the city. It originally served as a command post during the Tabaht invasion, but ever since the Changing God destroyed the attackers, it became a place of commerce. It connects Sagus Cliffs to Augur-Kala, Astaria, Hayrest, acting as the primary trade hub for the Protectorate.
- The Caravanserai is built around the central mezzanine, with the vehicle of the Silver Orphans in the center. Omahdon hangs around nearby.
- Tranquility's Rest is right by the entrance, allowing you to finally rest.
- Down the stairs lies the Caravanserai bar, with drinks for all, Sylph and Tarnach Hobbes.
- Up the stairs are the docks and Master Rennio.
- The following area is only accessible through the tunnel out of the Cave of Last Words
- The ledge can be interacted with, giving you a good view of the surrounding area... And the opportunity to jump down. You splatter all over the waters and wake up in the Dendra O'Hur Chapel.
- If you instead choose to climb upwards, scaling the cliff face with Speed, you will arrive at the shield. Interact with it and you will learn that the interface appears. You can use Intellect (Lore: Mystical) to analyze it. Then just open the dome and you will arrive at the omniscope. Loot the chest for Eyes of the Finite and a Warmask. Use the scope. With Intellect (Anamnesis) you can identify this as the place where the Changing God triggered the temporal shield that saved the city from Tabaht invasion. You can interface with the scope. Switching it to the spatial dimension and repairing the lattice allows you to fast-travel anywhere in the City instantly.
A caravanserai was an inn placed next to trade routes in Asia, North Africa and Southeastern Europe.